This article will walk you through creating a new profile in Outlook for Mac.
Before creating the new profile, please keep these things in mind:
- Only create a new profile if you are certain your current profile is corrupt. Outlook for Mac downloads every email in your account when creating a new profile. This process takes up a lot of space on your computer.
- Make sure to delete old profiles if you no longer need them. (See note above about space)
Creating a New Profile in Outlook for Mac
- Close Outlook
- Open Finder
- Click Applications TIP: If Applications isn't listed on the left side, click Go in the menu at the top of the screen > click Applications
- Right-click Microsoft Outlook and click Show Package Contents
- Open the Contents folder
- Open the SharedSupport folder
- Open Outlook Profile Manager
- Click the + button in the bottom left corner of the box
- Enter a name for the new profile TIP: Outlook doesn't care what you name the new profile. Any name will do.
- While the new profile is selected, click the 3 dot/circle icon and click Set as Default
- Close out of Outlook Profile Manager and open Outlook to set up your email
Deleting an Existing Profile in Outlook for Mac
- Open the Outlook Profile Manager (see steps 1-6 above)
- Highlight the profile that you want to remove
- Click the - button in the bottom left corner of the box
- Click Delete
If you have any issues completing these instructions, open a ticket with SOM Information Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org