How to schedule a GBF conference room (large and small conference rooms) using Outlook 2019.
1. Click on "New Meeting" to begin the process.
2. Fill out appointment info with a subject and estimated day and time (leave location blank). Make sure to include all attendees.
3. Move to adding conference room by clicking on "Scheduling Assistant" and then "Add Rooms..." (If you would like to add the conference room calendar to your own calendar views instead of using the scheduling assistant, see step 12 below)
4. The Select Rooms screen appears. Type "GBF" into the search field. Click on the conference room you are scheduling and then click "Rooms ->" then click OK to confirm. *To schedule both conference rooms at the same time, you can select both rooms from this list before clicking OK.
5. Review the available times on the next screen, which will show calendars for invitees and the conference room.
6. Click on the time column you would like to schedule the meeting room for, then click "Appointment" in the ribbon:
7. Ensure all the information is complete is accurate including invitees (including the conference room itself), subject, location (should be the conference room), day/times, meeting agenda, notes, comments, etc. Then press Send.
8. To change the meeting after it has been scheduled, go to the meeting in your calendar view and double-click on it to open the details. Click "Scheduling Assistant" to review available times. Click "Send" when changes are complete.
9. Please be aware that conference rooms CANNOT be overbooked. Outlook will allow you to schedule the meeting, but you will receive an email declining the request. Always verify that the meeting room is available with the Scheduling Assistant before sending the meeting invite.
If you receive an email like this , please review the time and reschedule accordingly.
10. Recurring meetings are currently booked through February 2022 (as of Nov 2021). If you are the leader/owner of a recurring meeting, please go in to set up your meetings to include your desired conference room for meetings beginning in March.
11. If you cannot find an available GBF conference room for your meeting, contact Admin Assistance (Hannah through 2021, then Kate Swisher)
12. To add the conference room calendars to your list of viewable calendars, navigate to your calendar view. Click on "Open Calendar" then "Room List"
13. Similar to before, you will select the conference rooms you wish to add and click "Rooms ->" then click OK
14. You should now see the room calendars in your list of calendars:
*See attached PowerPoint Presentation for original documentation